Whilst dealing with Alburys Property Finance, we will ask you to provide us with detailed personal information relating to your existing circumstances and your financial situation (Your Personal Data). This policy is important as it allows us to explain to you what we will need to do with Your Personal Data, and the various rights you have in relation to Your Personal Data.
what do we mean by “Your personal DATA”
Your Personal Data means any information that describes or relates to your personal circumstances. Your Personal Data may identify you directly, for example your name, address, date or birth, National Insurance number. Your Personal Data may also identify you indirectly, for example, your employment situation, or any other information that could be associated with your cultural or social identity.
In the context of providing you with assistance in relation to your Mortgage, Finance or Insurance requirements Your Personal Data may include:
- Title, names, date of birth, gender, nationality, civil/marital status, contact details, addresses and documents that are necessary to verify your identity
- Employment and remuneration information
- Bank account details, tax information, loans and credit commitments, personal credit history, sources of income and expenditure and details of dependents
- Any pre-existing Financial Products and the terms and conditions relating to these
the basis upon which our firm will deal with your personal data
When we speak with you about your Mortgage, Finance or Insurance requirements we do so on the basis that both parties are entering a contract for the supply of services.
In order to perform that contract, and to arrange the products you require, we have the right to use Your Personal Data for the purposes detailed below.
Alternatively, either in the course of initial discussions with you or when the contract between us has come to an end for whatever reason, we have the right to use Your Personal Data provided it is in our legitimate business interest to do so and your rights are not affected. For example, we may need to respond to requests from Mortgage Lenders, Insurance Providers and our Compliance Service Provider relating to the advice we have given to you, or to make contact with you to seek feedback on the service you received.
On occasion, we will use Your Personal data for contractual responsibilities we may owe our regulator The Financial Conduct Authority, or for wider compliance with any legal or regulatory obligation to which we might be subject. In such circumstances, we would be processing Your Personal Data in order to meet a legal, compliance or other regulatory obligation to which we are subject.
How we collect your personal data?
We will collect and record Your Personal Data from a variety of sources, but mainly directly from you. You will usually provide information during our initial meetings or conversations to establish your circumstances and needs and preferences in relation to either your Mortgage, Finance or Insurance needs. You will provide information to us verbally and in writing, including email.
We may also obtain some information from third parties, for example financial advisers, accountants and from the public domain such Companies House and Land Registry. If we use technology solutions to assist in the collection of Your Personal Data for example software that is able to verify your credit status, then we will only do this if we have consent from you. With regards to electronic ID checks we would not require your consent but will inform you of how such software operates and the purpose for which it is used.
what happens to your personal data when it is disclosed to us?
In the course of handling Your Personal Data, we will:
- Record and store Your Personal Data on our computer systems (database, email, hard drives, and cloud facilities) and mobile devices. This information can only be accessed by employees and consultants within our Firm and only when it is necessary to provide our service to you and to perform any administration tasks associated with or incidental to that service
- Submit Your Personal Data to Lenders and Insurance Providers in paper form, email or online via a secure portal. The provision of this information to a third party is essential in allowing us to progress any enquiry or application made on your behalf and to deal with any additional questions or administrative issues that Lenders and Providers may raise
- Use Your Personal Data for the purposes of responding to any queries you may have in relation to any Mortgage, Finance or Insurance products you may take out, or to inform you of any developments in relation to those products or polices of which we might become aware
sharing your personal data
From time to time Your Personal Data will be shared with:
- Lenders and Insurance Providers
Third Parties who we believe will be able to assist us with your needs such as:
- Product Specialists
- Surveyors and Valuers
- Organisations that introduce you to us
- Companies that we introduce you to
- Companies you ask us to share your data with
security and retention of your personal data
Your privacy is important to us and we will keep Your Personal Data secure in accordance with our legal responsibilities. We will take reasonable steps to safeguard Your Personal Data against it being accessed unlawfully or maliciously by a third party.
We also expect you to take reasonable steps to safeguard your own privacy when transferring information to us, such as not sending confidential information over unprotected email, ensuring email attachments are password protected or encrypted and only using secure methods of postage when original documentation is being sent to us.
Your Personal Data will be retained by us electronically for a minimum of six years, or in instances whereby we have legal right to such information we will retain records indefinitely.
your rights in relation to your personal data
- Request copies from us of Your Personal Data that is under our control
- Ask us to further explain how we use Your Personal Data
- Ask us to correct, delete or require us to restrict or stop using Your Personal Data (details as to the extent to which we can do this will be provided at the time of any such request)
- Ask us to send an electronic copy of Your Personal Data to another organisation should you wish
- Change the basis of any consent you may have provided to enable us to market to you in the future (including withdrawing any consent in its entirety)
We can only use your personal information to send you marketing messages if we have either your consent or a ‘legitimate interest’. A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information in a way that is fair and potentially beneficial to you.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us at any time. If you change your mind you can update your choices at any time by contacting us.
HOW TO MAKE CONTACT with our firm in relation to the use of your personal data
If you have any questions or comments about this document, or wish to make contact in order to exercise any of your rights set out within it please contact: our Data Protection Officer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Data Protection Officer, The Old Post House, 91 Heath Road, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 8TS.
We will only collect the information necessary for these purposes and we are committed to protecting that information.
If we feel we have a legal right not to deal with your request, or to action it in a different way to how you have requested, we will inform you of this at the time.
You should also make contact with us as soon as possible on you becoming aware of any unauthorised disclosure of Your Personal Data, so that we may investigate and fulfil our own regulatory obligations.
If you have any concerns or complaints as to how we have handled Your Personal Data you may lodge a complaint with the UK's data protection regulator, the ICO, who can be contacted through their website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or by writing to Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.